Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Joys of a Family Visit

To date on our 10,000 Grand Tour, visiting family brings me the greatest joy. How else could I have experienced the fun of watching my grand-daughter Brianna pretend to be a princess? How else could I have smiled admiringly when she dressed in Aunt Suzie’s junior bridesmaid gown and twilled in front of the mirror? I would not have felt her loving hugs.

I would have missed the surprised look on my Mom’s face when I rang her doorbell on Mother’s Day and yelled “Surprise!” I would have forgotten about the home movies of The Farm and my First Holy Communion. Someone else would have placed flowers on Dad’s grave honoring him for Memorial Day.






I would have missed being with my stepson Jason and his wife Lisa when their baby waved on the hospital sonogram screen.

Family is the love that binds us, the source of joy.

Statistically, I am right in there with the 48% of leisure travelers who took one or more trips to visit family in the past year. What’s the matter with the rest of you? Look for a little joy, go see your family.

May 11 - 19, 2008

No comments: