Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wow! IgoUgo Featured Five of My Stories on Its Community Blog

“Hi, Just a quick note to say we’ve *really* enjoyed reading about your experiences here at IgoUgo, and to tell you we spotlighted some of them on our Community Blog: http://www.igougo.com/travel_blog/post-p396-Vanilla_Sugar_and_the_Ultimate_Road_Trip.html. Thank you for your contributions to IgoUgo, and safe travels!”

That simple little email from the editors of IgoUgo came as thrilling news to me!

I started contributing my travel experiences and photos to this community of travel enthusiasts two years ago. On January 29, 2009 I received the above email message that five of my stories would be featured: Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo Jump in Alberta, Canada; The Peabody Duck March in Memphis, Tennessee; ATV Ride on the Oregon Dunes in Florence, Oregon; America’s Twentieth Century Veteran’s Memorial in North Platt, Nebraska; and Drive Down the Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec, Canada. The stories featured on IgoUgo have also appeared on my blog “Did Someone Say RV Road Trip?”

IgoUgo does not pay cash for postings; contributors can earn rewards for posting their experiences, reviews, photos. I fund my account at Amazon with the reward certificates I earn from IgoUgo.

On the IgoUgo community, I use the pen/screen name Vanilla Sugar. Why Vanilla Sugar? Simply because when I began my IgoUgo submissions, I still had sticky fingers from mixing vanilla and sugar together for my chocolate chip cookie recipe.

No comments: