Thursday, January 01, 2009

Memories of the Moment

No other place on earth could have filled my heart with as much joy as Greensburg, Pennsylvania during this Christmas season. Since arriving on December 2nd and through the end of 2008, precious moments filled each day. I have been home among family and friends without the constraints of a career and with much to celebrate.

I have celebrated my granddaughter Brianna’s 5th birthday and her daddy Jason’s 31st. I’ve become acquainted with my grandson Brady born October 10th this year and attended his Baptism in the church where his mommy and daddy were married over seven years ago. I’ve seen Grandma Helen coax a big momentary smile from Brady. I’ve watched Brianna perform in The Nutcracker Ballet. She and I have enjoyed a magic show, Chuck E’ Cheese (twice!), an arcade ride with Bob the Builder, and visits with Santa at both Westmoreland Mall and Overly’s Country Christmas. Her Christmas would not be complete without riding the Santa Express Train. And, there’s been some frivolous accessorizing with hats at the Bon-Ton when Suzie arrived in town. We’ve conversed with a Talking Christmas Tree who assured us that the Grinch would not steal Christmas. This prediction held true as proved by the abundance of presents for all, including a stocking as big as little baby Brady!


The memories of all of these moments have made this the best Christmas ever!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patty
Your vist did make this a christmas to remember. You added more joy to the family then I could ever say. We miss you.
Tom & Viv Harrold