Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It Doesn't Get Better Than This!












Dining in Houston’s fine restaurants like Willie G’s or McCormick & Schmick’s always left me satisfied. Grabbing ribs at Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, Alabama had me licking my lips and fingers. And, a sandwich at Permanies in Pittsburgh stacked with corn beef, fries and coleslaw made me stretch my mouth to take each bite. Still nothing that a restaurant prepares can compare to the yummy taste of a hamburger or pork chop soaked in Old Pit and cooked over a bed of Kingsford charcoal on a Hibachi grill in a state park. Rinsing the barbecued food down with an icy cold Budweiser with a squeeze of fresh lime quenches a summer thirst. And, a gooey marshmallow makes a sweet dessert. It doesn’t get better than this at a campground on a summer evening in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.

June 22, 2009

Rivermouth Campground State Park

Paradise, Michigan





No comments: