Saturday, November 24, 2007

What? No, Starbucks!!

I must confess that one of the things that I am missing while on this Canadian “shakedown cruise” is my regular indulgence at Starbucks. I am hooked on their tall caramel Frappuccino. In Montreal, I noticed a Starbucks sign in a window. It read, “Coming Soon, Starbucks.” What a disappointment!

I have been without my favorite Starbucks icy brew for over eight-weeks. But today, just outside of Niagara Falls, Ed and I stopped at my second favorite coffee shop Tim Horton’s. Tim Horton’s doesn’t do anything fancy with coffee. It’s just a plain brew that is consistently good flavored with a double cream and one sugar. Tim Horton’s are rare in the US but in practically every Canadian town, even Ingersoll, Ontario – Ed’s hometown. I am a fan of their freshly baked donuts too. I had an apple filled donut today so generously coated with a powdered cinnamon that I whiffed some of the coating onto Ed’s fleece jacket when I took my first bite. Homer Simpson and I could be the poster team for Tim Horton’s. Bring on the coffee and donuts. This is Canada.

No comments: