Monday, April 02, 2007

Good to Go For Ten Years

With each trip to the mailbox, I wondered "Will my new passport be here today?" At last, it arrived and I am good to go for ten years - expiration date 2017! My previous passport was due to expire in April 2007 and had not been used for any extensive international travel, only the occasional border crossing to Canada to visit Ed's family in Ingersoll, Ontario. The renewal process proved easy enough. The biggest delay was waiting for a good hair day to visit Kinkos and pose for the passport photo. Now, the robin's egg blue colored sweater, long hair and copper frame glasses will be my image seen at every border crossing when Ed and I take our motorhome to Central and South America. Before applying for my new passport, I noticed some interesting data in the October 2006 issue of Travel + Leisure Magazine. "Fourty-seven percent of travelers polled in the "Passport Patrol T + L Poll" like their passport photo. I like mine. Fifty percent got a passport before turning 20. I got my first passport at the age of 21 for travel to Israel. And surprisingly, only 25 percent of Americans have a passport. At last I have mine in plenty of time for our planned RV international road trip.

No comments: