Sunday, October 08, 2006

Patty's Recommended Readings

I have loved to read books from even my youngest days. Sometimes, I find that I read two or more books as a time - fiction to lull me to sleep, business books to stay on top of my profession and watch trends, and travel related books to take me places where I have yet to go and enjoy the journey of other adventurous people. Here are my recent favorites and recommended readings for you:

99 Days to Panama: An Exploration of Central America by Motorhome, Dr. John & Harriet Halkyard, Brindle Press, 2005.

Around the World by Freighter: Discover Your World from a Cargo Ship, Bob Hartley, Trafford Publishing, 2004.

Desert Memories: Journeys Through The Chilean North, Ariel Dorfman, National Geographic Society, 2004.

Driving through Latin America: U.S.A. to Argentina, Chris Yelland, International Publications, 1997.

Errant Journeys, David Zurik, University of Texas Press, 1995.

Europe by Van and Motorhome, David Shore & Patty Campbell, Odyssey Press, 2001

Hemingway in Africa: The Last Safari, Christopher Ondaatje, The Overlook Press, 2003.

Road Fever, Tim Cahill, Random House, 1991.

Roads: Driving America’s Great Highways, Larry McMurtry, Simon & Schuster, 2000.

RV Chuckles and Chuckholes: The Confessions of Happy Campers, Darlene Miller, Roving Pen Publishing, 2005.

Tales of a Female Nomad, Rita Golden Gelman, Three Rivers Press, 2001.


No comments: