Monday, September 15, 2008

Where The Air Smells Like Christmas Though It's Only September

Every day, it smells like Christmas here! The wind from the Pacific Ocean blows through the towering pines sending whiffs of evergreen through my open windows.

Ed and I have parked the coach in a small campground in Westlake, Oregon. Siltcoos Lake Resort has no swimming pool, hot tub, or Tuesday potluck dinners. This is just the sort of place for me. My recreation tends not to depend on a campground activity director’s schedule. I follow my own interests which on Sunday happened to be photographing the scenery around Siltcoos Lake.

This is a place where pine trees dominate the landscape, blackberries grow, flowers blossom, pleasure boats dock, and the swimming hole has a rope swing. We’ll be staying here awhile.


September 14, 2008













No comments: