Thursday, October 02, 2008

When The Camera Caputures Natural Art


I carefully picked a path across the rocky coast to make my way to this huge piece of driftwood. I wanted to get close. This was once the base of a tree with its tentacles of roots anchoring it to the ground. It must have fallen from a coastal perch and washed ashore here on this treeless beach.

Over time, whipping winds, grating sands, and pounding Pacific waves created this sculpture of natural art before me. From every angle, I captured the driftwood shapes and shadows in digital images. Growth rings made a distinct circular pattern. Roots protruded in profiles open to the imagination. Some places felt perfectly soothe; other places, splintery. It was a masterpiece.



























September 28, 2008



No comments: